RANDOM POST 2

I have been thinking about Thanksgiving a lot lately and as I get older, I believe more and more that it is my favorite holiday. For starters, it is a day that centers around family and food--two of my favorite things. Even though I live in Los Angeles and have the privilege of seeing my family often, I greatly appreciate the time spent all together. Thanksgiving is one of the holidays that is all about family. In recent years, my family has spent over four hours at the dining table just eating and talking and those are some very happy memories that always stick out to me.

I also love Thanksgiving because my older brother has taken on a great passion for cooking. When I was young, both my mom and dad would always be the ones cooking and typically it would lead to a high-stress environment right before my grandparents got to our house. Now, my brother and I take on most of the cooking. He is the head chef and I am his sous chef. I prefer it that way because if anything gets messed up I don't get the blame (and let me tell you, it is VERY easy to overcook a turkey). Recently, he's perfected his baked mac and cheese and I will say, I am very excited about it this year.

Thanksgiving is always right before my birthday, so I consider it the start of a very fun time of the year. And then shortly after my birthday is Christmas and New Year's Eve. I have been thinking a lot about how this time of the year will look in the future, considering it's my last time celebrating all of these holidays as a student. I do think no matter where I end up after graduation, however, I will always find my way back to my home for Thanksgiving with my family.

Comments

  1. Hi Morgan, great post! I also love Thanksgiving because of the food and family parts. Pumpkin pie is my favorite Thanksgiving food, but the baked mac and cheese sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving has got to be my favorite holiday as well. Theres nothing I love more then a great meal hah. Also awesome that I can see all my good friends from home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morgan, great post! Thanksgiving is for sure my favorite holiday as well and I am so excited that it's almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Morgan! I didn't realise that this would be our last time celebrating the holidays as a student so your post really made me think about how much I will cherish this year's celebrations without having to worry about a real job yet. Your traditions with your family sound very fun too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts