RANDOM POST 1: Princess Diana

It all started a few weeks ago when I heard that the Queen died. My TikTok for you page suddenly became a tribute to the Queen amongst videos of the Royal family. After a few days, the narrative of my FYP started changing--becoming less about the Queen and more about the late Princess Diana. Video after video showed her life and legacy. It was at this point I took my semi-annual trip to youtube to continue fueling my fascination with Princess Diana--the people's princess.

I think my interest in Princess Diana started the first time I traveled to Paris. I was sitting in a car going to dinner when a family member told me we were going under the Pont de l'Alma tunnel where she died decades earlier. At the time I didn't really understand the significance until I went back to the hotel that night and started learning about her life and the reasoning behind her death. For those of you who don't know, Princess Diana died in a car crash alongside her partner, Dodi Fayed, in an effort to evade the media and paparazzi. The sudden tragedy of her death significantly contributed to her legacy and the way her life has been remembered. 

My captivation with Princess Diana has always been interesting to me considering she died three years before I was even born. Although our lives never overlapped, the stories told about her and the way she has been celebrated have always stuck with me throughout my life. The most memorable characteristic, however, was her honesty--something so rare to be coming from a person of her position and stature. She had a gift for connecting with people of all backgrounds while also spending much of her time as a princess battling bulimia and suicidal ideation. She was remarkable for the lives she has changed and the impact she left. Her stories will most likely always hold a place in my heart.

Comments

  1. Morgan, I have always admired and looked up to Princess Diana. She is a true definition of a princess to me as she had so much class, yet spoke her mind freely. She will always be admired and loved by many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morgan, I agree that Diana was someone I looked up to growing up and hearing amazing stories about. Have you seen the documentaries on her or how she is portrayed in the Crown? I always find it interesting to hear whether people think these portrayals are accurate or not!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts