BOOK 2, POST 1
For book 2, I chose to read "Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness" by Rick Hanson. I chose this book after thoughtfully scrolling through the list of "Best Books of 2018 for a Meaningful Life." The title of this book instantly stuck out to me, probably due to the fact that I have struggled with anxiety for years now. With the help of therapy I have been able to find ways to cope with my anxiety, although I think there will always be room to grow with new practices to help deal with it. Calm, strength, and happiness are three things that I continue to work towards everyday so it was an easy decision for me to choose this book.
From the first few chapters of this book, it feels like I am reading a guided meditation. During quarantine, I really got into listening to guided meditations throughout the day but mostly at night before bed. They were great ways to use breathing exercises as a way to calm down so I could fall asleep easier. From the first few pages of this book, I instantly felt a resemblance between the two. What I like most about the book so far is the advice that it give. A quote that stood out to me so far was,"most of us are a better friend to others than we are to ourselves" and to "be on your own side." I am excited to read more and hopefully take away a lot of from this book!

Comments
Post a Comment