Who You Are Matters

My name is Morgan and I was named after my grandfather. I was born and raised in Los Angeles (just 20 miles from campus) but lived in Paris for a brief part of 2019 when I was eighteen years old. 


I am currently studying communications with a minor in business administration. During my time at USC I have developed my understanding of the entertainment industry while exploring the intersection between business and media. Following my graduation in the spring, I plan to enter the entertainment industry in marketing or production while utilizing USC’s extensive connections to the field.


When it comes to my parents, I embody the expression that apples don’t fall far from the tree. I would say I am most similar to my parents because I always put others before myself. On the contrary, I would say I am dissimilar from my parents in that they live their life in a very go-with-the-flow mentality. Although I am trying to get there, I feel relaxed when I have thought out and set plans in both my near and distant future. 



I am confident in the fact that I live my life for myself. As a younger sister, my parents had little expectations for me but continuously reinforced values of honesty, integrity, and courage during my childhood. In doing so, I was able to create expectations for myself without any added pressures from my parents or peers. 



The person I admire the most outside of my relatives is my godmother, Sybil. With forty years of friendship with my dad on her back, she continues to teach me the value of strong relationships. My godmother is thoughtful and sensitive, but moves through life with fierce ambition. She has spent her life giving back to others without expectations of anything in return. My love and adoration for her grows exponentially as I have gotten older.  



A wild animal that I feel a special connection to is a monkey. From a young age my parents would love to call me “Mo the monkey” largely due to my fascination with climbing anything that was taller than me (which wasn’t hard as a four foot eight year old). I’ve continued to feel this attachment to monkeys as they epitomize enthusiasm and friendliness which are characteristics I hope to embody.



My grandfather and namesake was a landscape architect so I have always felt a deep connection with trees and plants from a young age. One memory that stands out specifically was climbing the sycamore trees at the Rustic Canyon park in Santa Monica. I first climbed the tree when I was three years old and revisited the same tree last month, eighteen years later.





Sun is in 13 Degrees Sagittarius

Moon is in 01 Degrees Aries

Rising Sign is in 03 Degrees Capricorn


Comments

  1. Morgan, it's a very simple memory but going back to visit the sycamore trees is really sweet. So often we attribute meaning to something not because of it's intrinsic qualities but because of things we associate it with. I appreciate the sentimentality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morgan! I loved hearing about your relationship with your godmother and how you are named after your grandpa. Such sweet relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Morgan, I enjoyed reading about your strong connections with your family. Reading about your connection with your grandpa and the sycamore trees and your fascination with climbing made it all the sweeter when you described how your personality is an apple that doesn’t fall far from the tree of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I'm also a COMM major and want to go into the entertainment industry in marketing. I also resonate with how you feel relaxed when having a plan for the near future. It's definitely important to have goals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts